So I haven't had a blog since freshman year of university. That was five years ago. I didn't even call it a blog. I think that was the time before blogs. It was an online journal. Do I really think I will keep this one up forever and ever? Probably not.
Why not? Mostly cause I dislike the word blog. It's not an attractive word. Blog. Kinda sounds like one of the many different words for "to vomit". blog.
for example:
man i ate all this bologna yesterday, and i totally blogged it all up.
Second reason: I much prefer to tell you (well, honestly most of you) personally about my life. The people who I think would actually look at this are the people who I would actually like to tell you about my life and the funny things that happen to me. I don't want this to take away the personal contact that I actually like to have.
Though there are some of you who I would like to keep updated on my life, but with whom there just not is time. Ah, decisions, decisions.
But we will see how it goes. Maybe I'll keep it up. At least for the summer, when I seem to have a little more spare time than I do in Provo. I don't think I'll share all of my deepest and darkest secrets here. I don't think this will become a venting place or a place to rant and cry while depressed. If I do, sorry. I'm envisioning this as a place for me to tell funny stories and maybe expound my complex political feelings. (for example: i am against cloning full-grown people to maturity just so that i can have a ready-made liver.) Maybe I'll be one of those married people who maintain a blog to keep in contact with all of their friends without actually having to talk to them. I always thought that was kinda cute. Awww...a family blog....
Um to tell you the truth, I don't really know how I'm supposed to advertise this thing. Do I just tell people, "hey, check out my blog its at loganisreallyreallyawesome.blogspot.com. Can you just do that? Is that weird? Am i loser for having a blog? Is that a piece of blog on my shoe? blog blog blog
1 comment:
ha ha! You told me just to check out your blog. This is just as good as telling me because we don't talk. I don't know why we don't talk, but we don't. I miss you--and that's the honest truth. Laura has returned to Michigan, Julie has gone with her...and Kim leaves me in two weeks for an entire month. 1 month. I'm going to be all alone. Keep going strong...ooo...I had a thought for you:
" 'Those things which we call extraordinary, remarkable, or unusual may make history, but they do not make real life.
" 'After all, to do well those things which God ordained to be the common lot of all mankind, is the truest greatness. To be a successful father or a successful mother is greater than to be a successful general or a successful statesman.'"
-Howard W. Hunter
it made me think of you...because YOU are great, Logan. Have a good weekend!
Post a Comment