This Saturday, under a light, cold rain, the Fighting 57th took their season to an unparalleled level, winning in a shutout 3 - 0. Scott Morris was given a special award, "The Brick Wall". Ross and Jaren continued their battle for the team goal leaders, each scoring one.
I had a pretty good game, directing the offense from my position as center fullback. Our first goal was pretty sweet...I passed it to Jaren to Ross and Kyle, correctly positioned at the far post to kick in the rebound. It was great. As the game moved on I tried to move up a little bit more and take more of a role in the offense. I had some good runs, but they were all thwarted.
More importantly, we had quite a bit of support from our fans. I wasn't too optimistic for the size of our crowd, seeing as it was ANOTHER cold rainy day in Utah (that's four Saturdays in a row), but once again, the true fans came out.
Our next game is a week from Friday, right before the ward Halloween Party. Come in your costumes! The team is seriously considering wearing ours during the game. I personally think that would be hilarious. Especially considering what my costume is going to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment