At least that's the way that I look at it. I have a list of my friends and their blogs and which ones do I take the ones to look at? The ones that I know are funny.
Well, I haven't been stepping it up lately. I've been busy with marriage plans and work and running and elections and I just don't feel like I'm very funny.
That's kind of how my life has been. Let's take Halloween, for example. Last year, for Halloween:

Oh, wait...this is me and Torrie, pre-relationship, dancing. When I got her to dance (for those of you who know Torrie, she HATES dancing) with me, I knew that she liked me, cause I could get her to do whatever I wanted. Ha ha.
My change in funniness? Perhaps it has to do with my work. I am now surrounded by older people all day. The two people I sit next to have been with the Boeing Company for a few years, and I find that a lot of my efforts are spent making them laugh. I'm successful at it, but I don't think jokes about kids is going to cut it for the blog.
I can make Torrie laugh - I spend enough time talking to her on the phone that I'm still really good at that...but really, she laughs a lot so it's not that hard :)
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can be funny again? Perhaps some suggestions for funny blog entries? Cause I got nothin, but I refuse to believe that getting married means I have to give up my being funny.
7 comments:
I actually thought that was really funny
Mee, too. Mamma always said, "Funny is as funny does."
Not all Blogs have to be funny... But you are a funny guy Logan! When in doubt post something from youtube. That always works for me when the creative juices stop flowing... like right now for me... yikes. time to go to youtube.
Go Seinfeld.
this is a very serious topic and i understand your concern. but i think you're ok for now. i'll let you know if you start slipping...
Getting married doesn't mean you have to give up being funny.
Look at me-- I got married and I'm still HILARIOUS. :-D
The funniest blogs I've read have involved quotes from children. Kids do say the funniest things, because they're serious and don't know they're being funny.
Frances E.
Post a Comment