Friday, March 13, 2009

An excuse to put up a bar graph

Long time readers of my blog may have noticed a little uptick in blog entries from me. To facilitate this conclusion, I have done a little research and made a bar graph documenting the number of entries per month since this blog’s inception.












Obviously I’m not a very prolific writer. However, I already have 4 in the month of March and we’re not even halfway done. This will make 5. Many of you may ask, why now, Logan? We wanted you before, why do you make yourself available now? (And are we afraid to ask that question, on the fear that you might go away?) How does the future outlook for blog entries look? Well, let me answer those questions….and more!

Why Now

1. The most important constraint in blog entries has always been time at a computer to waste. I can have great things to write about – aka: backpacking across Europe for five weeks with my future wife comes to mind – but if I don’t have time to write when I could/should be doing something else…it doesn’t happen. My blog is not a priority in my life, sorry folks. I’m a family man.

Although there is plenty of work to do at the Boeing Company, my management has been a little slow to respond to what I have to offer. So, while I’m about done with one round of contract negotiations, I have been searching for things to occupy my time while the next set begin to pick up and I get more work to do. (Don’t worry, the work is coming. I don’t expect to be laid off this year. However, when production gets cut next year…) Writing a blog is a little less blatant than going on facebook all day, as well.

2. I need to express myself. During my time at Brigham Young University, I had many different outlets to express myself. Social settings abounded, I had different sets of friends I could bounce back and forth between and all of my true humor genius could come out. (Just kidding about the genius. But the point is that I had lots of different times to share different parts of my humor with different people who would appreciate it.) Like I alluded to in a previous blog entry, I’m still funny and I need to prove it!

The Future:

I don’t know. So don’t ask. Back off!

No comments: