I'm talking, of course, about the Lego Video Games.

What a great idea. Lego remains to be relevant. (Not that it was becoming irrevelant, although it was to me, but that's because I'm 25 now and don't want to play with Legos anymore, it's a part of growing up.) The different video game systems make money. The stories (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc.) make money. People spend the money and have fun. Everyone wins!
Torrie and I have a Wii, and every once in awhile we'll pull it out and play a few levels of Lego Star Wars. The puzzles are just hard enough to be fun, you don't have to worry about dying, (although Torrie gets really mad when one of us dies and we lose all the little studs). It's also fun to go through the different star wars movies, and I love how they fashion all of the different characters/props out of legos.
I've made a concerted effort not to play too many video games, especially now that I'm married. Who wants to be married to a boy who would rather play video games then spend time with you? I thought so. Every once in awhile the boyish dorkish urge grows and I have to suppress it - the season and a half I played of Madden (It's from like 2005, Brian Griese is the Denver QB, I took the team to two undefeated seasons) while Torrie was gone for a few days got the video game phase out of my system for awhile. So my rule is that I can only play if we play together, which is about once a week, maybe a little less often if we have other things going on. So we'll get done with it…probably around Christmas. Maybe. Anyway that's a good amount, and if you think about it, it's a little more stimulating then simply watching like a reality show on TV or a movie that you've already seen ten times, at least you're doing something.
Although I love batman, I'm not familiar enough with the stories to be truly excited to get lego batman, but maybe I will someday, on a good deal or something.
Lego Indiana Jones I think will be fun.

They also just announced a Lego Harry Potter. I think that one is going to be cool, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment