1. Paint and rollers to paint our kitchen, bedroom, and bathrooms. Here are the names of our colors:
Kitchen – Quaking Grass

Bedroom – Stratosphere

Bathrooms – Silver Spoon

I'm not sure if the colors are exactly the same, and as I've discovered over the past week, colors are a lot different depending on what other colors they are next to, the amount of light...tons of things.
2. Metal knobs for the dressers that we had sanded and painted white this weekend. They are really simple, and kinda look like pop bottle tops in a way. They're nice though, and were at an unbeatable price of $.97 each. $3 a handle can get pretty expensive pretty quickly...
3. A lot of food. Now that we have a house, we have space to buy more than just the bare essentials for what we will need in the next three days. In fact, we’re pretty excited about building up a good amount of food storage.
I’m really excited to finish painting over the next couple of days. Then, at least we’ll have a few rooms of our house finished, and I can write a before-and-after blog entry detailing our work.
We were pretty hungry as we were leaving Walmart. Our original plan had been to buy food for a taco salad that we would make when we got home. However, it was late and we really didn’t feel like making a taco salad. However, there were some rotisserie chickens at the Walmart deli. You know, the ones that they discount late at night to make sure that they are sold. They were a pretty good deal. However, I looked at Torrie and she said, “You know, I would be just as happy with a bowl of cereal at home.” So we left, saving the $6 or so that we would have spent on that chicken. We ended up having some really good homemade nachos while watching Bedknobs and Broomsticks on our little TV. What a great evening.
I’m really excited to finish painting over the next couple of days. Then, at least we’ll have a few rooms of our house finished, and I can write a before-and-after blog entry detailing our work.
We were pretty hungry as we were leaving Walmart. Our original plan had been to buy food for a taco salad that we would make when we got home. However, it was late and we really didn’t feel like making a taco salad. However, there were some rotisserie chickens at the Walmart deli. You know, the ones that they discount late at night to make sure that they are sold. They were a pretty good deal. However, I looked at Torrie and she said, “You know, I would be just as happy with a bowl of cereal at home.” So we left, saving the $6 or so that we would have spent on that chicken. We ended up having some really good homemade nachos while watching Bedknobs and Broomsticks on our little TV. What a great evening.
4 comments:
Sounds fun! When are you going to post pictures of your new house?!? I'm anxious to see it! :-)
what a cute little married couple. i think the color scheme looks great. good job torrie! i can't wait to see pics of it when it's done. however...
Pictures are coming soon! As soon as our house is clean enough to take pictures of, they will be up! Sorry it's taking so long JaNeece...
I would just like to clear up the fact that we had a 10% off coupon for Lowes, so the knobs were actually $0.87 :) an even better deal!
Post a Comment