Wednesday, November 18, 2009

If it makes you happy.......

A couple of things that make me feel good:

Insurance - How great is this stuff? I get to drive, live, and walk around knowing that if anything happens to me...my health...my life...my wife's health...my car...my house...it can all be protected. How great is that? I think it's amazing. It's so nice to think that if my house catches fire while I'm gone, I will still be able to have a place to live and not lose all the investment that I've put into it. Or if I die in a plane accident, Torrie wouldn't be saddled with a mortgage and have to start working right away again. (Obviously I would not want that to happen, and it would be horrible. But to know that it could and not ALL would be lost...that makes me feel good.)

Running - Since I've come out to Dallas I've been running everyday and it feels wonderful! It has a great impact on the rest of my day and I'm sure it's doing good things for my health as well. I'm excited to run a race and see how fast I can go. I have a theory - seeing as the physical/mental/emotional/spirtual are all connected, when I am pushing myself in one area (running consistently, for example) I think I'm better and more motivated at all aspects of my life.
(And you bet I just put a picture of Sarah Palin from Runners' World to be the picture for my running section. haha.)





Breakfast - The best part of staying at a hotel is the free breakfast. If I stay at the Homewood Suites, it's usually a pretty nice deal, one step above a continental breakfast. They'll have something cooked and it will be good. If I stay at the Embassy Suites, it's a made-to-order omlette that is heavenly. Let's be honest, it's hard to wake up early each day to make breakfast. Having it made for you...and for free? Definitely makes being away from home just a little bit easier.

1 comment:

DNA said...

All good things. Especially the running - Sarah Palin though? not so much. My favorite dinner is breakfast.