We were playing Yahtzee last Sunday evening with some good friends in our ward. Real Yahtzee, with five real dice. It was actually quite fun. Early into the game, I rolled - on my first roll - a full house. I was about to write down a quick 25 points for myself, when Torrie nudged me.

"Go for the Yahtzee! Why not?"
Why not? So I did. Two rolls later, five "3"'s were staring up at me. YAHTZEE!!!
I had a Yahtzee on either my first roll of the game. I was feeling pretty good about getting it that early.
A few turns later, however, I managed it again. YAHTZEE!!
Two Yahtzees. Who gets that many??
Another few turns later, I found myself with 4 "4"'s and one roll remaining. I shook the remaining die, then brought my hand up near Torrie. "Give me some luck, Torrie!!!" She responded by pretending to spit into my hand. At that moment, I knew that I would be getting a Yahtzee. And sure enough, I rolled another 4. YAHTZEE!!
Or how about the roll a few turns later? I had two "6"'s and one roll left. I needed one more six to make the requisite three sixes in order to get the bonus. And wouldn't you know it, I rolled 3 "6"s on my last roll. YAHTZEE!!!

Four Yahtzees in one game. Over 600 points. All thanks to Torrie, who encouraged me to go for the Yahtzee on that first roll. Thanks, Torrie!!!
1 comment:
I love that Torrie! Why did you take her from me?
Post a Comment