Thursday, December 9, 2010

Broncos and Cougars

So Josh McDaniels was fired as coach of the Denver Broncos.


I had high hopes for the guy. Give em a chance, I said. A year ago, after beating the New England Patriots, seeing McD on the sideline after the game, firing up the fans, with the Broncos at a 6-0 record, I thought we had our guy. Jay Cutler was struggling in Chicago and Kyle Orton was doing pretty well (I still like Orton, by the way). Brandon Marshall was crazy but electric and worth it. We were 6 - 0 and the future looked bright.

Now, I don't think that you can see it as anything but an absolute failure since then. 5 - 17. Horrible run defense. Horrible run offense. Very questionable personnel decisions. Horrible draft selections. A team with no identity.

In retrospect, it looks so obvious. McD got way too much power over personnel, and he should have been paired with a General Manager who would make the personnel decisions. I'll tell you one thing. I sure am disappointed with the team right now. It's hard to be excited about Broncos football.

======================================================================

BYU starts off the season next year against Ole Miss in Oxford, MS. It's Labor Day weekend, and it would be an 8 hour drive away. Should we go? Thoughts? I'm torn.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Broncos: I read Woody's DP column earlier this week. The list of McD missteps was very, very long. The final straw had to be the shellacking suffered at the hands of the Hated Raiders a couple of weeks ago.

BYU: Of course you should go.