Monday, February 14, 2011

Useful Statements

I've decided to come up with a list of phrases that you can add to your statements to be able to say whatever you want without the other person getting mad. Does that make sense? Picture the following scenario.

Two guys sitting on a couch watching Sportscenter. One says to the other:
"Dude, your girlfriend is ugly."
Obviously that's not going to go very well.
However, if that guy would have just added one of the following phrases, he would have been just fine.

- Bless her heart

Your girlfriend sure is ugly, bless her heart.
 
- I hate to say it, but...

I hate to say it, but your girlfriend is ugly.
 
- Not gonna lie, ...

Not gonna lie, but your girlfriend is ugly.
 
- Somebody's gotta say it:

Somebody's gotta say it: Your girlfriend is ugly.
 
- I'm sorry, but...

I'm sorry, but your girlfriend is ugly.
 
- Don't take this the wrong way, but ...

Don't take this the wrong way, but your girlfriend is ugly.
 
- No disrespect, but...

No disrespect, but your girlfriend is ugly.

If you're online, then simply add a smily emoticon.

Your girlfriend sure is ugly :)

If any of you have any others to add the list, please let me know. I know there are plenty more out there.

3 comments:

DNA said...

I'm only saying this because I care about you.

Logan said...

No offense, but....

just a little bit mo said...

LOL! This made my day.

One to add to the list:

Don't take this the wrong way, but . . .