DNA asked me on my previous blog what is on the ManList?
Well, a google search comes up with several lists of things that all men should know how to do. However, my ManList is different than those.
I don't have an all-inclusive ManList of things I still need to do - it's more of a list of things to back me up when people (usually guys) try to say that my Man Card should be revoked for liking Downton Abbey. (I've always thought the Man Card was a dumb joke, anyway.)
So my ManList includes:
- Climbed a 14,000 foot plus mountain
- Jumped off a a waterfall
- Changed brakes/performed other moderate auto maintenance projects
- Married a cute girl and fathered children
- Killed animals
- Achieved 007 mode on GoldenEye for N64, back when I played video games regularly
- Boston marathon qualifier
- Enjoy eating meat, especially steak and bacon
- Could bench 125% of my own body weight
- The "Bad Boy" member of a Boy Band (I think I was the bad boy, anyway...wait, should this be on this list?)
I just came up with those in five minutes, I'm sure I could thing of others. Anyway, the evidence shows that I am pretty manly in a variety of areas, despite my fondness for period BBC dramas, lack of handyman skills, and the need to come up with a list of things to back me up when people question my manliness.
On a side note, when my daughters are as tall as me by the time they are 12, I am going to use the line "Well, at least I play basketball better than you" for as long as I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment