Friday, November 13, 2009

A couple of quick quotes from CNBC's neat little evening last night with Warren Buffett and Bill Gates.

In response to a question as to the best advice that they could give:

"First of all, I'd say marry the right person." [LAUGHTER] "And I'm serious about that. " [APPLAUSE] "It will make more difference in your life. It will change your aspiration, all kind of things. It's enormously important who you marry. "– Warren Buffett

In response to a question about if business schools can really teach ethics:

"Well, I think the best place to learn ethics is in the home. I think most of us get our values from what we see around us before we get to business school. I think that it's important to emphasize them, but I think that if I had a choice of having great education and ethics fully on in the home or as a course in a school later on, I would choose the home." - Warren Buffett

Great thoughts.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Great stuff and I agree with both.

The Thackers said...

Wow...that's some good advice. I like it. Thanks for sharing!