Torrie and I realized the other day that since we haven't been at our house for most of December, it hasn't felt like Christmas. Well, that is a travesty and was a situation that needed to be corrected immediately.
Work has been pretty self-directed lately, with a lot of accounting. (Yes, I took approximately 15 hours of accounting class time in university. In fact, it was a prerequisite to getting this job, as was getting good grades in those classes. So why am I getting paid to study it for a week? Great question. Good thing the FDIC is paid for by insurance premiums and not on taxes.)
This makes for an easy solution to the Christmas dilemma. Pandora! I've been rocking out and feeling the Christmas spirit all day long, with the expected benefits of being happier, working harder, etc.
However, I've decided that I have a more picky ear than I thought when it comes to Christmas songs. I will skip a few songs to listen to the ones that I really like. Here are some of the best songs I listened to today:
Merry Christmas Darling - The Carpenters
It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - Andy Williams
Hallelujah Chorus - Mormon Tabernacle Choir
Anything where John Rutter was involved.
Jingle Bells - Bing Crosby
Holly Jolly Christmas - Burl Ives
All I Want for Christmas is You - Mariah Carey
The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole
We Need A Little Christmas - Percy Faith and His Orchestra
What is YOUR favorite christmas song? I know there's plenty of others out there. Merry Christmas!
2 comments:
Um....I LOVE O Holy Night. Or Cantique de Noel by Andrea Bocelli. Can't go wrong with that. I also really love Believe by Josh Groban, especially the beginning part with the sleigh bells. Though I'm not going to pretend I like the idea of believing in Santa Claus because that's just wrong!
My favorite song, the one I turn way up in the car and sing at the top of my lungs, is "All I Want For Christmas" by Mariah Carey. Love it. It makes me happy. Evan and I also love Harry Conick Jr.'s Christmas CD. Great music and lots of screaming trumpets (that's Evan's favorite part). Happy Christmas! We miss you guys and wish you weren't so far away! :-)
Post a Comment