Torrie left me this week. (haha I guess I should rephrase that – Torrie flew away from Dallas a little bit early cause we found a cheaper flight for her) and I fly back to Lexington to reunite with her on Friday. I am once again a lone man. I wake up, eat breakfast, go to work, eat lunch at my desk, come home, run, watch tv, go to sleep. This repeats over and over again.
Now I’ve done this before, and I unfortunately will have to do it again – that’s just the nature of my job. As I sit here trying to come up with the will power to study for an accounting test that I could have passed after a week of that Accounting 101 class I took freshman year (listening to Christmas music), I realized that I really don’t have anything to look forward to this evening. I’ll run, which will be good, and there’s not even any NCIS or Law and Order tonight. But that’s what my life is when I’m on the road and alone – whatever is on television.
Isn’t that sad? It’s only a momentary thing for me – I’ve read all the books I’ve brought, Torrie just left, and I’ll be home tomorrow, where there will be plenty of things to do – but I look at some of my coworkers and that’s all they have. Maybe go to the bar and try to meet somebody. Maybe study some more for this accounting test.
I’m grateful for the direction that my life has – and as always has – thanks to my family and the gospel. I’m grateful for the structure of the LDS church that helped me have things to do when I was single. I’m grateful that I’m married. I can’t wait to have kids.
Oh good news. Just found out that USA has both NCIS and Law and Order on tonight. I’m going to be okay. :)
2 comments:
phew. that was a close one! so you go running at night? is it still light out, or do you run the dark? i used to run in the dark all the time in utah, but i'm too scared to do that here, and that makes me sad.
Sunset is at 5:22 p.m. nowadays here. I get off work at 4:30, get back to the hotel around 4:45...so I get back from my run around 5:20.
I'd feel okay running in the dark in KY, as long as I stay away from any major roads. Turns out I care more about being safe now, I have more to live for.
I'm glad you don't run at night in Denver. It is sad, but it's just not worth the risk!
Post a Comment