The day before I was at a bank in Northern KY right across the border from Cincinnati. It's about an hour and a half drive from Lexington. Torrie came along and we were getting a bite to eat at a Burger King near our hotel. We were pretty excited to eat a couple of
Whopper, Jr. sandwiches (The Whopper Jr. is, in my mind, the best $1 fast food hamburger out there and is actually a very good deal at a $1) After eating, we put our food on the tray and threw it out.Fast forward to the next afternoon. I worked in the morning and was picking up Torrie at the hotel to drive back to Lexington to buy our house. We had our schedule planned to perfection. However, as I jumped back into the car, I felt my pocket and then the panic hit in. I did not have my wallet.
A frantic calls to the bank confirmed my fear. No wallet. I ran up and performed a frenzied search of our hotel room. No dice. As Torrie and I traced our footsteps over the last 12 hours in an attempt to answer the ever-present question when something is lost, "Well...when did you last have it?" our conclusion came to the little vignette at the beginning of my blog entry. Burger King.

We rushed back to the Burger King. We had little room for error. I raced inside. "Has anyone found a wallet??!?!?" I yelled at the top of my voice. (Actually not, I asked the lady behind the register politely.) The lady told me she would look in the safe, and a quick search revealed no wallet. I asked if the trash had been taken out, desperate that perhaps I had thrown it way with the Whopper, Jr sandwiches. "Yes," she replied. "This morning. I'm afraid your wallet is gone."
I, however, had no time to lament my loss. We had a house to buy! So I climbed back into the car, and drove (which, now that I think about, was illegal because I did not have my driver's liscence) back to Lexington to buy our house. We were probably about an hour late, due to the missing wallet fiasco added to the unfamiliarity with downtown Lexington fiasco, the incorrect Mapquest directions fiasco, and the construction and one way streets fiasco (a plethora of fiascoes) but we made it and signed the papers. Bought the house. Thank goodness for knowing exactly where my passport was, so I could prove my identity.
One of the first things we did in our new house was call my credit card companies and report the loss of my credit cards. While the movers were moving our stuff in, I get a call from an old coworker of mine at Boeing. After the movers leave, I check my voice mail. "Hi Logan..um, we just got a weird call here saying that someone has found your wallet in Ohio..what are you doing there? Anyway, here is her information......"
TURNS OUT that my wallet was turned in at the Burger King after all, and they had delivered it to the corporate offices in Cincinnati. We're going to pick it up on Friday.
I'm
really hoping that I come up with some clever way to finish this little blog entry, to perhaps distract you from how stupid I was for losing my wallet at Burger King. Some pun with "King" involved, perhaps. I'm going to go with this picture of "The King" and hopefully that will suffice.
4 comments:
the king.......is beyond creapy
I guess this means that Burger ing is no longer evil? T will be disappointed.
i would have freaked out, but it wouldn't have happened to me because i don't eat at burger king. too much mayo.
Funny you mention that, D. At the last Burger King we went to there was a sign talking about how many calories was in that mayo, and I forget the actual amount, but it was a lot. So I asked to have it taken off my Whopper, Jr sandwich. Great decision on my part. (Even a broken clock is right twice a day.)
Post a Comment