Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Year's Resolution 2010

People have been writing me from all over the continguous United States (no one from Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, or any part of Canada, oddly enough) as to what are my New Year's Resolutions. Many of you know that I am a somewhat goal-oriented person. I certainly love to make goals, and writing down lists of those goals - although keeping them is where I sometimes find difficulties. Anyway, after much thought and internal debate I have decided on a realistic 2010 New Years Resolution. I can sum up said resolution in one picture:



This picture, cari miei, is of a Franklin Covey Planner. I am going to be using it this year. My list of goals and things I want to get accomplished this year is very long, and so my resolution is to utilize my work-provided planner to get it all accomplished. So if you happen to see me in 2010, you will most likely see my planner.

While I have consistently used some version of a planner since starting with the FDIC, I'm hoping to take it to a more consistent and focused level this year. Think "mission" planning, but a little more task-oriented, since the issue is no longer how many people can I talk to/teach, but how can I get a large variety of assorted and important tasks done.

So there you have it. I see this is as a gateway resolution - by being more organized, I can make sure I'm prioritizing my time to spend them on things that I really want to get done.

I'm looking forward to getting a lot done in 2010, and then blogging about some of it!

p.s. I don't see myself as being one of those weird planner people. You know the type. Not me. I'm just taking what is good from those weird planner people and making it my own, without being weird.

1 comment:

DNA said...

boooooring. your new years resolution should be something more exciting, like stealing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FKDTP69lG4 haha!